Assisted living on your own terms, with the right amount of support.
Assisted living doesn’t mean you stop living independently. It’s just the opposite. Choosing assisted living with Rockbridge Oaks gives you just the right amount of support with daily tasks, so you can focus on all the things you can do. Like working on your health and fitness, socializing with friends or bettering yourself with hobbies and other personal pursuits.
As you make key care decisions, learn more about how assisted living with Rockbridge Oaks can empower your retirement journey.
- What Is Assisted Living?
- Assisted Living Care Services
- Cost of Assisted Living
- What’s Included in the Cost of Assisted Living?
- Assisted Living Floor Plans
- When Is It Time for Assisted Living?
- How to Talk to Your Parent About Assisted Living
- Join Our Assisted Living Community
- Assisted Living FAQs
What Is Assisted Living?
Assisted living is a community of apartments for older adults needing long-term support. Assistance is customized for the individual resident who typically needs help with activities of daily living (ADLs), medication support, bathing, dressing, dining or mobility. In assisted living communities, there is a highly trained team on-site 24/7 to assist based on the needs of the resident.
Chattanooga Assisted Living Care Services
Rockbridge Oaks’ trained team members offer robust assisted living services that are tailored to each resident, including:
Approach each day with the assurance that we’ll be here to provide personalized care for your specific needs. Highly-trained, compassionate team members are on hand with 24-hour assistance as needed for activities of daily living, such as dressing, grooming and bathing.
Coordinated Health Coverage
In addition to daily assistance with self-care, Rockbridge Oaks offers comprehensive health coverage, no matter your needs. We coordinate between our internal and partner health teams to provide:
- Health monitoring
- Daily wellness checks
- Personalized fitness and wellness programs
- State-of-the-art ALIS electronic health system (EHR)
- Coordination of ancillary and medical services by Wellness Director, including medication management, rehabilitation services, visiting physicians and more
Finally, our Salus™ by Solvere approach to holistic well-being means everything you do is supported in a way that helps you achieve your goals. The Salus™ philosophy is integrated throughout every aspect of life, with programs, events and support catered to you.
Cost of Assisted Living in Chattanooga
The cost of assisted living can vary widely depending on your location, your preferred floor plan and the amenities available at your community. The average cost of assisted living in the U.S. is $4,500 per month, though the average in Chattanooga, Tennessee is slightly lower at $4,220.
At Rockbridge Oaks, our deluxe, all-inclusive assisted living starts at $4,200 per month. You can choose from various apartment styles, including studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom options. In addition, we offer multiple wellness package options starting at $500 based on your individual abilities.
What’s Included in the Cost of Assisted Living?
- Anytime restaurant-style dining featuring a variety of seasonal chef-prepared entrées
- River Pearls Salon and Spa
- The Rock City Fitness Center with state-of-the-art exercise and fitness equipment
- Depot Event Center
- Ross’s Landing Library
- Scenic City Theater
- Bluff View Art Studio
- Rehab therapy center
- Business center, meeting and game rooms
- Beautifully landscaped Maclellan Courtyard Oasis with pavilion, grill and al fresco dining, fire pit and entertainment areas
- Walking trails and lawn games
- Pet-friendly community
- Weekly housekeeping and weekly personal laundry and linens
- Maintenance and repairs
- Scheduled transportation
- Resident and guest parking
- Concierge services
- Emergency response system in each apartment
- Accushield visitor and vendor tracking management system for added security and peace of mind
- Utilities included (except phone), such as electric, water and sewer, property taxes, heating and air conditioning, trash removal, landscaping, community-wide WiFi and basic cable television
Chattanooga Assisted Living Floor Plans
In an assisted living community, residents choose from a variety of floor plans where they are encouraged to make it their own. At Rockbridge Oaks, residents not only have their own private apartment but also enjoy expansive outdoor green spaces, an on-site fitness center, a salon and a spa, personalized wellness programs and more.
When Is It Time for Assisted Living?
Each individual has varying support needs and lifestyle desires. So, the decision of when to move to an assisted living community should be based on your personal decision. Typically, adults who require daily assistance with personal tasks will benefit from living in an assisted living community.
At Rockbridge Oaks, a personal assessment by our Wellness Director will help determine the needs and if this is the right time to make a move. It could also be determined that more advanced medical care is needed, and an assisted living community may not be the best option.
How to Talk to Your Parent About Assisted Living
Having the “talk” about assisted living can be challenging. Your parent may be reluctant to accept help or discuss care options. However, it’s important to start this conversation early, so that you can boost your parent’s quality of life as soon as possible. Here are some tips to make this discussion go smoothly:
- Remember it’s a process. Start slowly by asking your parent about their concerns for the future and go from there.
- Discuss it in person. Avoid phone calls if possible. It’s easier for your parent to get distracted or disengage from the conversation.
- Look up potential care communities. Research the ones that align with your parent’s vision, needs and hobbies.
- Let your parent take the reins. It’s important that your parent feels in control. Listen to their concerns carefully and don’t dismiss their preferences.
- Schedule tours to assisted living communities. Seeing a community firsthand can make a world of difference. Give your parent a glimpse into what assisted living looks like by scheduling several tours. Your parent may even get excited about the possibilities of community living.
Join Our Chattanooga Assisted Living Community
With assisted living, you can fully pursue your independence and take advantage of amenities that elevate your individual experience.
Join our assisted living community at Rockbridge Oaks and become part of a small close-knit community. Here you’ll enjoy group classes, take outings to explore the charming Chattanooga area, eat well, stay healthy and make wonderful new friends – all on your own terms.
Chattanooga Assisted Living FAQs
What’s the difference between assisted living and nursing home care?
Nursing homes offer more advanced medical care in a more clinical setting and often they share a room with another person. They focus on 24/7 nursing care where residents are monitored day and night and receive some medical treatments on-site.
In an assisted living community like Rockbridge Oaks, residents enjoy the freedom to move about the community spaces and also enjoy the privacy of their own apartment. Here, our steadfast commitment is to enable residents to thrive every day by staying active and connected, experiencing life in new ways and having a great time enjoying it all.
Does Medicare cover the costs of assisted living?
No, Medicare doesn’t cover assisted living costs such as housing, meals and custodial care. However, any medical care you require including doctor’s appointments and medications is typically covered.
Is it better to move to assisted living or age-in-place?
It’s important to determine what’s best for you. While aging-in-place may be more budget-friendly, it can also be isolating for older adults who want to lead more active social lives. In addition, it doesn’t offer the same comprehensive support as an assisted living community that’s designed to enhance well-being in every way.
In terms of cost, assisted living may be more affordable than you think. Once you factor in all your bills with at-home living (including utilities, property taxes, etc.), you may find that community living is the same price – but offers so much more value.